R/C Mini/Micro cars
How to choose a mini RC car?
RC cars are available in different models, including the mini RC car. Here's what you need to know about this miniature car.
Mini RC car: what you need to know
What is a radio controlled mini car RC?
The radio controlled car is the scale model of a real car. Just like its life-size counterpart, it is composed of an engine and a chassis. In addition, the RC car is driven using a radio controller. Thus, the remote-controlled mini car corresponds to a smaller model. Although at first glance it looks like a simple toy, it is actually a category of auto RC modeling in its own right.
By the way, it should be noted that RC cars were once naked. Having only one chassis, it was necessary to buy separately the remote control, the servo motors, the motor and other accessories. Today there are models that are ready to ride, perfect for beginners. Moreover, mini rc cars are often delivered as an RTR (Ready To Run) kit.
What radio controlled mini car size to choose?
In RC model, the scale represents the size of the radio controlled vehicle. The most common on the market are 1/8th and 1/10th scale. Thus, a 1/8th car for example, is eight times smaller than the original car. In addition, the choice of scale must be made according to the surface of the playing field. If it is a small field, radio-controlled mini cars are the most suitable, especially when used indoors. Here are the recommended scales for a mini rc car:
● Miniature 1/43;
● 1/18 miniature size;
● 1/5 miniature size;
● Miniature 1/6 size;
● 1/8 miniature size;
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a radio controlled mini car?
The mini RC car has many advantages. Indeed, it is accessible for young and old in addition to being perfect for people who prefer to use their device indoors. Available as an RTR model, it is also ideal for beginners. In addition, like any other RC car model, it is possible to modify its elements or improve them.
However, the mini rc car can also have some disadvantages. For example, an electric model may have a limited battery life while a mini thermal RC car requires a lot of maintenance since it is more messy. Most RC thermal cars are not waterproof, so they are also sensitive to water.
What are the best known brands of radio-controlled mini-cars?
Car RC drift, 4x4 modeling with a 4x4 RC car, truggy RC car or RC buggy car, rc mini-cars are available in many models presented by different brands. Among the best known specialists are:
● Traxxas: this brand builds radio controlled machines with powerful radio systems and many features;
● HPI-RACING: exclusive manufacturer of RC cars, HPI-RACING has a real expertise in buggys;
● Thunder Tiger: This brand is one of the first to have been ISO9001 certified, and has quickly established itself as one of the world leaders in RC modeling;
● Tamiya: The Japanese tamiya brand is one of the oldest in the field of modeling. It offers radio controlled cars of very high quality, very close to the original cars;
● Kyosho: Competitor of the Tamiya brand, Kyosho is famous for its mini Z car pickups, but also for its Buggys 1/8;
● Carrera: This brand of German origin offers radio controlled cars of high quality and for all budgets.
- On sale!
Eco-responsible wooden models
Unleash the woodworker in you!
Paints and accessories
To avoid mistakes, our team can choose them for you.
Gundam / Gunpla
The largest choice of Gunpla to give life to your robots
Scale models for beginners
The ideal scale models for a few hours of family fun